Do you love Christmas cookies? Are you baking impaired? I’ve got good news. These are the world’s easiest Christmas cookies, requiring very little work with an incredibly impressive result. I’ve even given these as gifts, and people believe I’ve spent hours in the kitchen baking them.
A confection of sugar cookies sandwiched together and filled with a sweet almond filling and then dipped in creamy milk chocolate, these cookies are rich and really gorgeous. And did I mention easy? Best, you can vary the simple recipe, changing the filling for raspberry or other flavors, changing the coating to white chocolate or butterscotch…you can be as creative as you’d like.
Recipe and instructions below, and I promise – simple.
You will need:
- 1-2 rolls of refrigerated sugar slice and bake sugar cookie dough
- 1-2 cans of almond filling (not almond paste – you can find this in the baking aisle of the grocery store)
- 1-2 packages of almond bark (large chunks of chocolate coating in cubes you can find in the baking aisle at Christmas time)
- Almonds for garnish
- Parchment paper
- Bake sugar cookies as described on package and cool fully.
- Spread a thin layer of almond filling between two cookies.
- Melt almond bark according to package directions. Dip cookie sandwiches in almond bark, coating completely. Set on parchment to cool.
- While the chocolate is still soft, garnish cookie with an almond or almond slice.
That’s it. Easy, huh?