This meal came together within 15 minutes, and it’s really tasty. It’s also low-carb and paleo.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or your favorite paleo-friendly fat
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 zucchini, spiralized into noodles or cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- Sea salt and fresh-cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil on medium-high until it shimmers.
- Add the pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, three to five minutes.
- Add the shallot and artichoke hearts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for four minutes.
- Add six of the minced garlic cloves and cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice, shrimp, white wine, and zucchini. Cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp is pink, about four minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 minced garlic cloves, the parsley, the basil, and the lemon zest.
- Stir into the shrimp mixture just before serving.
photo credit: Healthy Zucchini Noodles with Prawns via photopin (license)
Pingback: 7 Pasta Hacks for the Paleo or Low-Carb Foodie | The Modern Ancestor